Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Hello again!

I feel as though I should reintroduce myself. My name is Taryn McKim, and I am writing this blog as a record of God's work in my life, my thoughts, and my feelings. As a spur to myself to keep writing, I promise not to give up, and to remember that my primary purpose is to glorify God.

Perhaps it would work well to begin my reintroduction by explaining some of the things I have not written about for so many years. Each of these paragraphs could be several blog posts, but for right now, here's the short version.

When I wrote my last post, I was already talking with a man I had met there in Uganda. Stuart came to Uganda from Idaho on a month-long visit, and by the end of a few weeks of being there, knew he wanted to keep in touch with me. Those conversations during his commute to work, and our occasional video chats got deeper and deeper, until we were talking of our love for each other.

When I came back to NY to visit my family, Stuart also came, to visit me, meet my family, and see the place I grew up. It was nerve-wracking to wonder how our relationship would change once we met in person again, but it was, as most things are, a silly thing to worry about. Our relationship has continued to get stronger with each parting and each reunion.

I visited Idaho that fall, 2015 and met his parents and church, and we got engaged, and a week later I had bought my dress and was back in Uganda for my last 3 months there as a single girl. It was a very blessed but hard time of transition and pouring into those who would be continuing the work I had been doing.

We married in May of 2016, and I moved to Idaho. There have been many adventures here, and many entirely new things that are now a part of my life. Our church, New Geneva OPC, is wonderful, and truly feels like family. We also welcomed our daughter, Margaret, born in December of 2018, and she's already 9 months old.

Now we are getting ready to see what God may have for us to do back in Uganda! Stuart, Margaret and I are leaving for a month long exploratory trip on October 28th. We will be visiting friends, but primarily we will be going to interview for two very different positions, hoping to see which one the Lord would have us pursue.

One option is in the capital city of Uganda, Kampala, working with Engineering Ministries International. The other option is where I lived for a little over two years, in Karamoja with the Orthodox Presbyterian Church.

There will be more to come, but I wanted to get my blog updated, at least a little bit.

You can read our letter at our family blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love knowing what the people reading my blog think! Please comment below, thanks!