Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Gratitude: A Thanks Service Remembrance

Recognize; Appreciate; Respond
(an open letter of thankfulness to my Father)
a feeling or attitude in acknowledgment of a benefit that one has received or will receive
 from Latin grtuspleasing

Gratitude is the word we get from Latin to mean thankfulness.

I like that it brings up images of grace, and feelings of love, especially for this first Thanksgiving away from my family.

I have been writing a list of 1,000 gifts, inspired by Ann Voskamp; little (and big) things that I am thankful for.


One is the ease of worldwide communication! There are many stories around the compound of how communication was in the beginning of the station here, and I'm so thankful that I can talk to people back in the states!

Another is the sheer, incredible beauty of this place. It seems that every time I turn around there is some new vista opening up for me to enjoy, as a present from my Heavenly Father, especially the wonderful views of the heavens at night.

I am also very thankful for the community here. The encouragement I receive on a daily basis from these brothers and sisters is truly priceless. I couldn't begin to list the many small ways I have been lifted up, often just when my God knows I need it most.

Those of you who are reading this and praying for me, know that I love you all dearly, and I feel the blessing of your prayers upholding me each and every day. Thank you for your kind notes of encouragement and reminders of our Father's good gifts to us whom he loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love knowing what the people reading my blog think! Please comment below, thanks!