Wednesday, October 2, 2013

First day of classes

Journals from my Journey

23/9/13

Today was our first day of classes in our new school. It's really very exciting to be in this from the beginning! For our first day, I think we did very well. We went over the rules, registered students, took attendance, washed all their hands and faces, and still managed to introduce some books and numbers.
Something that was said to me a long time ago came to my mind tonight. I was told to let God write my story, and I really feel tonight that I am at the beginning of a new chapter and that I can hardly wait to see what unfolds on the next page.
As I sit tonight and listen to the rain on my thatched roof, I thank God for his many prayer warriors, who are lifting up this entire mission station, including me. I'm quite sure I don't know who all of them are, as this mission seems to have an ever-widening impact, but I'm very thankful to all of the people I know personally have promised to pray with and for me. Please know that I am also holding you in my prayers.
This week we will cover both the story of Creation, and the announcement of the birth of John the baptizer, so please pray for our students that they would be attentive to the words, but more importantly, that we would show the gospel in our lives with them. We have the opportunity to influence these young minds; pray that God's Word, his own self, would not return without accomplishing its purpose, and know that God delights to keep his promises.
I know you all want to know how I'm doing, and truthfully, I am being upheld by your prayers. Even in the midst of a bit of stomach trouble, I knew you were praying for me, and that I was right where I was supposed to be, even though it didn't feel like it. I am learning that feeling and knowing are very different, but I guess I already knew that. Other than that bit of pain, I am doing very well, adjusting to the altitude and temperature by taking it slow, and taking rest when I need it. As I write that, I am reminded that it is very late here, and I must go to sleep in order to work with the children in the morning!
I love you all,
In Christ,
Taryn


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love knowing what the people reading my blog think! Please comment below, thanks!