Thursday, September 12, 2013

Ejok-a?

When I wrote the title of this post, I was in America. So many hours and miles have passed, but then I had no idea how often I would say those words of greeting!
There are so many people to meet, words and ideas to learn, and new things to do, that I know I will need your prayers and God's help to do it all.
I cannot even begin to thank you all for your prayers for God's sustaining power on my travels, I can only tell you that I have felt them at every moment, especially during blessed hours of sleep. I am so thankful to say that I now feel caught up on sleep, which is good, because there are many things I am not caught up on, such as blog posts and e-mails.
I have been so blessed to be here in Karamoja! Yesterday I woke up early, made my cup of tea, and watched the sun rise over the mountains. Last night, after Bible Study, I looked up at the majesty of the stars; and I'm told that last night was nothing compared to when the moon is dark.
I am so excited for so many things! Today Erika and I walked into the villages with George, the head teacher, and we met most of the children I will be teaching at the school when we begin. The walk was hard but good exercise!
Well, I will write more soon, but the speed of the internet here is something I'm still getting used to.
I covet your prayers as I adjust to the new climate, and adjust to talking to my family on a different schedule.
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!
In Christ,
Taryn

1 comment:

  1. So exciting, Taryn! What an adventure. I know you are in Perfect Hands during your entire time. I will be praying for you and look forward to continuing to keep up with you here! :)
    Blessings,
    Londa

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing what the people reading my blog think! Please comment below, thanks!