Saturday, June 29, 2013

Family

I'm so very thankful for my church family.


They have all entered so fully into my excitement, and promised to support me and pray for my nerves to be calm as I prepare for this year long journey.

It was so wonderful to be with them today at the church picnic, even though I was very much missing those who couldn't join us for various reasons!

I'm so very thankful for my relatives.


They have been there for me my whole lives, and nothing has changed or ever will change that.

Even though some of them have reservations about my plans, that they are supporting me and holding me in their hearts means more than they will ever know.

PLANS

I am able to provide a bit of an update on my plans for the year. I will definitely be leaving in September of this year, for a calendar year of service in Africa.
In the mornings I will be teaching two of the American missionary students of high school age.
In the afternoons I will be able to participate in the beginnings of a preschool for the local children.

I am beginning to plan my spending and my purchasing of things to take with me, as well as making lists of the myriad things to be accomplished before I can board the flight.

I will provide more updates as often as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love knowing what the people reading my blog think! Please comment below, thanks!