Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Four weeks here today!

I suppose I should make a pattern of giving some words to this blog, instead of just pictures, because I know people who would not agree with the idea that a picture is worth a thousand words, but I probably don't have a thousand words right now. This is what I've got.

I was able to skype to some of my family today! I think they were as excited as I was that it worked, and it was really great to see them. I'm so blessed to be here, now, when I'm able to communicate like this, instead of ten years ago, when they barely had cell phones and radio signals.

Today I made strides towards starting to exercise, which means I've gotten more used to the atmosphere, temperature, and altitude. Erika and I walked a 40 minute loop around the area of the compound; the same loop takes her 20 minutes to jog, so don't think I'm anywhere like running a marathon or anything of the kind. I'm grateful to be feeling like exerting myself even to this extent.

We also had another wonderful creation of chocolate cake by Erika, I'd post a picture, but it's already been devoured, deliciously! Dinner was at the Tricarico's tonight, and we watched a movie with Ashton Kutcher about Steve Jobs and Apple, really well done and interesting, although it always makes me wonder about the actual history of a dramatized story.

I am continuing my study of Ngakarimojong; three times a week for an hour Erika and I meet with a language facilitator, one of the teachers at the school. The other two days we go over our notes and practice with each other. Pray that we have the focus and dedication needed to have success!

Tomorrow is Independence Day! It is also known as Uhuru Day! There will be a day off, aparade, music, and general celebration. I will go with a group to one of the nearby towns and see what there is to see!

On Saturday, Erika and I will go over the house of one of the clinic staff, and the mother of two of our students, to have tea with her. It will be the first time and I'm very excited.

After the celebrations of Uhuru Day, Erika and I will be teaching without Martha for a bit, while she visits her family, so please pray for traveling mercies for them, and wisdom for us.

I'm so very thankful for the people who are here, and the opportunity I am being given to serve, and for all of your prayers! Thank you all so very much! I love you all!
Goodnight and May God Bless
In Christ,
Taryn


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love knowing what the people reading my blog think! Please comment below, thanks!